Skip to main content

Ryukyu

Just wanted to let everyone know who was wondering Okinawa is considered Japan, however it is also the largest island in the Ryukyu island chain, I guess it could be compared to Puerto Rico being a U.S. territory but not really the U.S. :)

Comments

  1. Well you will be glad to know we found the island you are on. There was a world map at the UHAUL store, Elizabeth, Debbie and I were at when we moved Elizabeth. Another customer helped us locate it, it took awhile to find it and we did not even have to Google it! OKINAWA seems like a small island in the south of Japan almost directly west of Florida. Enjoy it Nicole Adam and Peyton. love you lots, Mary and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL glad y'all found it! Now you'll have to visit! :) The people here are considered Japanese but they call themselves Okinawan's and from what I've noticed the mainland Japanese also call them Okinawan's! You would like it, the people are very laid back and nice. Great food too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walkin' Girl!!

Peyton's started to walk on her Dino walker! She surprised me while I was doing dishes today and went from the TV stand to her walker and into the kitchen all by herself! Then when Dada got up she showed him how she walked!

Happy Girl! :)

Here are a couple more fun pics we took :)

Only 5 days left in the United States!!

Decided to start this blog on the advice of Mrs. Merenda- excellent idea Mary! Not sure how great I'll be at blogging or keeping it up to date but I'm going to try! Here it goes... Wow, in just 5 short days we will no longer be living in this country! Crazy! It still feels so surreal! We went down to the travel office yesterday and got our plane tickets so I guess it is definitely real now!  Our little Goonie is going to be 6 months old on the 6th- where the heck has the time gone? She's such a little ball of energy! She's sitting up now and sqeakin' up a storm all the time- Granddad just left from his visit with us and is convinced she's gonna be a singer, lol! She's definitely found her little voice for sure! :) She makes me :) all the time! She still hates tummy time, all she does now is goes straight from tummy to back so I'm convinced she'll just up and walk and skip crawling! Here are some more photo's for everyone to enjoy!! Love, Nic...