Skip to main content

Nakagusuku

So Saturday we went down to the Nakagusuku Castle ruins site. It started out a beautiful morning but by the time we left the house it was dreary out. :( So the pictures aren't that great. The site was still beautiful though, it felt like we were up in the clouds! Here is more info on the site: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7107.html
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/972
The trek up to the site

One of the gates

View of the reportedly haunted and unfinished Takara Hotel(Royal Hotel) in the distance.

The gusuku was built in the 15th century.

Peyton picking flowers

Giving Momma flowers ;)


Main Gate(I think)

This would of been a fantastic view but of course it was all grey and raining out.

Checking out the view.


World Heritage Marker

Finishing off the day with mango ice cream! Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walkin' Girl!!

Peyton's started to walk on her Dino walker! She surprised me while I was doing dishes today and went from the TV stand to her walker and into the kitchen all by herself! Then when Dada got up she showed him how she walked!

Happy Girl! :)

Here are a couple more fun pics we took :)

Only 5 days left in the United States!!

Decided to start this blog on the advice of Mrs. Merenda- excellent idea Mary! Not sure how great I'll be at blogging or keeping it up to date but I'm going to try! Here it goes... Wow, in just 5 short days we will no longer be living in this country! Crazy! It still feels so surreal! We went down to the travel office yesterday and got our plane tickets so I guess it is definitely real now!  Our little Goonie is going to be 6 months old on the 6th- where the heck has the time gone? She's such a little ball of energy! She's sitting up now and sqeakin' up a storm all the time- Granddad just left from his visit with us and is convinced she's gonna be a singer, lol! She's definitely found her little voice for sure! :) She makes me :) all the time! She still hates tummy time, all she does now is goes straight from tummy to back so I'm convinced she'll just up and walk and skip crawling! Here are some more photo's for everyone to enjoy!! Love, Nic...